Posted on behalf of anonymous in Samsquantchewan.
This column is aimed at solving some of the most urgent problems that our viewers are bringing to our attention.
- No use yearning what might have been. This is who you chose and now the provincial health officers are saying “We expect you to stay home together.”
- To keep a positive state of mind spend some time each day focusing on planning some “alone time” as soon as our world returns to normal. We advise you to discuss these plans with no one. Who you would like to include may evolve greatly over the next few weeks.
- Neither gender needs to lounge around in old clothes or to generally look unkempt. Treat personal grooming as a virtue! Everyone may have to practice euphemisms as true hair color is revealed. Stick to something neutral such as “I notice you are trying out a new look. You will have to let me know what you decide” or “The new black is grey. How modern of you.”
- Keep in mind very few people are happy about making all the meals. Pitch in and offer to help. Cleaning up is not exciting for anyone.
For those usually in charge, accept help and refrain from giving exhaustive directions. This staying home may last for awhile so do not turn away any help. Being a martyr is not a good idea. Even a job half done is better than no help. Remain hopeful people might learn how to do more. Maybe even to do it well.
- Disinfecting work surfaces in kitches and bathrooms is important. Resign yourself to putting away any unessential items. None of us are finding our favourite products readily available. Use what you have that is known to kill viruses. For now, what matters most is “Are they effective?” Later you can demand Marketplace go after the manufacturers to provide disinfectants that don’t send human inhabitants gasping for fresh air.
Hope you find our suggestions helpful!